Sunday 13 May 2012

My Current Beauty Favourites

Hi everyone,

Ok, so I thought I would do a favourites post. These products are ones that I have loved for a few months now and have been using non-stop so it's not a late April favourites or an early May favourites post, it's just a general stuff I've been loving post.

Anyway, I'll get on with it!

Mac Zoomlash Mascara in 'Plushblack' - £14.00



I had heard a lot of hype about this mascara from other beauty bloggers/Youtube gurus etc so I thought I'd bite the bullet and try it for myself and I'm glad I did. I LOVE this mascara and have used it every single day since I bought it. It makes my lashes look so long and it is really black, it's gorgeous. It doesn't tend to clump and if you do a couple of coats it just looks amazing. I use it on my bottom lashes as well and they look super long when I have this on!

I would highly recommend this to anyone who is a beginner and wants to start investing in higher end make-up and doesn't know where to start. This is a basic staple that I will re-purchase again and again.

Vie at Home Creme Blush in 'Rose Blush'



This was the first creme blush that I ever bought and I got it on a whim while at my friend's Vie at Home party and it sat in my make-up storage for months until I came across it again while sorting through my make up and thought I'd give it a try. Now, please excuse mine as it looks dirty - I have used it a LOT!! - and it looks funny because I have been dipping my stippling brush in it which seems to be the best way to apply it.

It goes on reasonable lightly if you're not too bullish with it and you can build it up to a nice rosy glow. It lasts all day on me and it's just lovely.

The downside to this is that Vie at Home have recently gone into administration (booo as I really like some of their products) so once I've used this up it's gone forever! I couldn't even get you a price as the website has now been taken down but I think it was around £7-£10.

I actually really like creme blushes after using this so I have just ordered Mac Creme Blush in 'Movie Star Red' which is a much more daring colour so can't wait to try that when it arrives. I may even do a review for you, watch this space!!

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in '51' - £9.99



I was recommended this foundation by a couple of the beauty gurus on Twitter and decided that seeing as Boots had a 3for2 offer on at the time, that I'd try it out and it has changed my life!! I absolutely love this foundation. It couldn't have come at a better time either as I had just run out of my Mac Studio Fix Fluid and I was looking for something cheaper to have as a back up for days when SFF is just a bit too heavy and this is it. It goes on really well with a stippling brush and can be built to a pretty full coverage.

I look airbrushed when I have this on (according to one of my friend's who couldn't believe it how it made my skin look!). It lasts all day on me, oh - and it smells gorgeous as well which is a bit random for a foundation but there you go!! As you can see from the picture I've used just under half of mine and I will be buying a back-up next time I'm out shopping. I also have the matching concealer which I have been using a lot recently as well, it's one of the only concealers I've found that hides under eye circles really well. I've been using that along with Mac Select Moisturecover which is also amazing (I should have added those two products to this favourites post but I completely forgot about concealers - sorry guys! - I'll probably add them to my next one as I'm sure I'll still be using them then, they're that good!).

Rush out and buy it everyone - I insist!! Ha ha!!

Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Perfume



Now that we're (apparently) getting into the warmer season, I wanted a perfume that isn't too heavy and is nice and fresh and spring smelling (if that makes sense??) well this is it! It smells so gorgeous, it reminds me of picnics on the beach and summer fun (I live at the seaside - yay!). I'm not too sure on the price for this, I have the big 100ml bottle which I got for Christmas but they sell it online or in most stores, Boots sell it I'm pretty sure.

I like to mix it up as the seasons change, I would go for something heavier over the winter months and this has definitely brightened up this cold spring for me and I'm sure I'll be using it into the summer months as well.


So I hope you all enjoyed reading about my favourite products and I shall be posting again soon. As ever, if there's anything you'd like me to write about or review etc, just let me know.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!!

Lotsa love
Lullahblog xx

No comments:

Post a Comment