Monday 21 May 2012

MUA Collection

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all OK.

I decided to have a clear out of my make-up collection today (well it ended up being a 'let's look at all the pretty things I have' couple of hours and not much clearing out was done!!) and I came across a ton of MUA make-up. Now obviously I knew I had some products but I didn't realise how big my collection was or how much I love MUA. I'm a Mac girl at heart and probably always will be but for a drug store product and for the price, the MUA line is pretty amazing, so I thought I'd share my collection with you.

I haven't swatched it all cos there's LOADS but I've done as many pictures as I could without it taking hours so here goes...

Heaven and Earth Pallet

I thought I'd start off with the most hyped about pallet in the MUA line, the Heaven and Earth pallet. Now, this is raved about as a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked Pallet and as I have both, I feel I am in a good position to judge! It doesn't beat the Naked Pallet, but seriously - was it ever going to?? But it does the job that the Naked Pallet was invented for - creating nude and smoky looks. The Heaven and Earth pallet does it beautifully, all the shades are beautiful shimmers, go on nice and smoothly, are workable and there is minimal fall out (although as with any eye shadow, there is some). Here's a pic of it...


This pallet is part of the Professionals range and so is only available at the larger Superdrugs (and annoyingly, is not available at mine so I have to order online or buy when I go home to Leeds - grrrr!!!).

Starry Night Pallet

All of my comments above stand with regards to the quality of this pallet, the colours are lovely and pigmented and it's just fab if you want to create a more metallic/silvery kind of look - perfect for a night out! All the colours in this pallet are grey/silver/blue's apart from there are a couple of nice purple and pinks in there as well. Fabulous and is my second favourite of the MUA pallets, behind one I'm going to show later on in this post...

Here's what it looks like...


Dusk til Dawn Pallet

Again, an amazing pallet. The MUA eyeshadow pallets just seem to be flawless, really amazing colours and so so cheap. I think the ones at this size are £4.00 which for 12 eye shadows is pretty amazing! The shadows in this pallet are again shimmery, very pigmented and just lovely. Kind of similar to the Heaven and Earth pallet with lots of browns but they've added a gorgeous midnight blue, a dark purple and this amazing green colour. Just amazing!!


Immaculate Collection Pallet

OK, so here's the biggie... the Immaculate Collection... This is a collection of eye shadows that are a mixture of shimmers, glitters and matt colours. There is a bronze colour in this pallet which is to die for!! I actually have it as an individual colour and I use it all the time for a metallic coppery look on night's out, lush! I ordered this online when they had an offer on, I think it was something like spend £8.00 and get the Immaculate Collection pallet for free, so that's what I did and and it's just beautiful.

Here's what it looks like - I don't think the pictures will do it justice...



Individual Eye Shadows

OK, on to the individual pots. I own a grand total of 15 of these and they are £1 each - the pots are massive as well, you get 2g of product. I have a range of matt finishes and pearl finishes. There's not much else I can say cos I just have tonnes of them, but I do use them almost as much as I use my Mac shadows which is a LOT! As I have some quite special colours in my MUA collection, I tend to use them on nights out as they are colours that I wouldn't tend to wear through the day, i.e. bright greens/purples etc.. you'll see what I mean!! Here they are...


The matt black is a really good dupe for the Mac matt black shadow (it's called Carbon if you don't know, but I think most avid make-up collectors tend to have it!!).

Pigments

I only have two of these and I think they're a relatively new addition to the MUA line. I've only used one of them and it was really nice. I applied it with a damp brush over my Urban Decay Primer Potion and it stayed on for hours, really lovely. I just patted it into place on my eyelid and blended it out, gorgeous. Can't fault any of the eye products to be honest!!

Here's the two I have, I bet you won't be able to see the colours (damn you camera/bad lighting!!)



Eye Liners

I have a total of 5 of the eyeliners and they are lovely, every one of them. I have a blue that is gorgeous with my blue eyes, I tend to use on my lower lashline, just at the outer corner and it's lovely. They do bleed a little after a while although I think that's partly because I'm a little oily under my eye area and my eyes do water sometimes. I have problems getting Smoulder by Mac to stay put so can't expect miracles from a £1 eyeliner!!

The other colours I have are all gorgeous metallic colours. I feel I need to mention the one called Gold Nugget (the one in the middle of the pic) which is a stunning coppery colour, it's just beautiful.

Here's the ones I have...


Lipsticks

I have three in the range and I like them, they are quite creamy and apply really well. I have shades 4, 7 and 12 and here's what they look like. Shade 4 is quite sheer and is almost like a lipgloss, the others are more pigmented but still have quite a gloss to them, Shade 12 in particular has tonnes of sparkle and glitter in it - gorgeous!! I really like them and wear them quite often.

Shade 4


Shade 7


Shade 12






Blusher

And last, but by no means least is my little lonely blusher. I only have one of the MUA blushers, mainly because I wasn't blown away by mine, the colour in the pan is a lovely Barbie/bubble gum pink but it goes on a little sheer for my liking. I may buy a couple of the other colours to test them out in the future and I'd definitely use this again, but it's not my favourite.

Here's what it looks like...


So that's my MUA collection, hope you enjoyed it. I don't want to come across as being a 'high end' only kind of blogger as my collection consists of an equal amount of both high and low end products and I certainly have a lot of MUA which is mainly £1 an item!!

Anyway, let me know what you think. Do you have any MUA products? If so, what's your absolute fave?

Lotsa love
Lullahblog xx


No comments:

Post a Comment