Wednesday 18 April 2012

Skincare Routine

Hello everyone,

Hope you're all well.

In my original post, I did promise to show you some of the skincare products I have been using recently so, here goes!

My night time routine is certainly more 'intense' than my morning routine, so I'll take you through that.



First I start off with my eyes. At the moment I'm using Simple 'Kind to Eyes' Eye Make-Up Remover (£3.30 for 125ml), just on a cotton pad and to be honest, I'm probably going to use this up and then move on to something else as it's not brilliant. It takes a few goes to get all my mascara off and the eye make up remover I was using before this (L'Oreal Gentle Eye Make-up Remover) got it all off in one, I may have to revert back to that one as it was fab (couldn't resist trying something new!!).

And on to the face...

Since I was a teenager I have always used Johnson's Clean & Clear Deep Cleansing lotion for sensitive skin but I never really liked the tingly/burny feeling it left my skin with. So I decided I'd try the new Clean & Clear Morning Energy Shine Control Daily Facial Lotion (£2.85 for 200ml) instead and what a difference. It smells better, it takes all of my foundation off with no residue the next morning, it doesn't burn and it leaves your face feeling so so clean. It's actually cleared up my spots as well as despite how strong the Deep Cleansing Lotion was it actually didn't do that much in the way of spot treatment. Anyway, I use this on a cotton pad and just gently wipe all the foundation etc off my face and repeat until the cotton pad comes away clean (usually takes about 3 cotton pads - not bad really).

At this point, I use a Witch Hazel (£2.89 for 10g) stick on my spots, just for an added treatment.

Then I spray some Lush Tea Tree Water (£7.00 for 250g) either on a cotton pad or onto my fingers tips and just go over my face with it. This toner is absolutely amazing, it's tea tree, grapefruit and juniper and it says on the bottle:

"Use on cotton wool to remove excess cleanser and refresh the skin"

And it does just that, after using this my skin feels and smells like I've just come out of a spa - even my husband loves it (he just saw me typing this and I have the bottle on the desk in front of me and he wanted a spray on his face - ha ha!!).

Finally, I moisturise with Lush Vanishing Cream (£16.75 for 45g) which is a really light, quite runny moisturiser that contains rose, lavender and witch hazel - so again should keep the spots at bay!! It's really luxurious and soaks in really quickly and again when you've used it you feel like you've had a spa treatment. I really recommend it. My skin feels really soft and nourished after I've used it. Gorgeous! It says on the bottle:

" Light easily absorbed cream with minimal oil content. Helps acne-prone, oily skin and T-zone problems".

I usually do all the above sat in bed on a night and finish off with Soap and Glory's Hand Food (£5.00 for 125ml) on my hands and forearms. I have a little trouble with hand creams as I really hate that greasy feeling they leave on your hands afterwards. It took me a while but I finally found Hand Food - it leaves your hands feeling so soft and no greasy residue either - bonus!!


And that's me done and ready for bed, all cleansed, toned and moisturised!! I know that most of the products I use are for spot control and I actually have really good skin, I don't get a lot of spots. So the reason I use these is just because I wear quite a lot of make-up (I don't pile it on but I wear foundation, concealer, bronzer, blush etc) so I use the products for preventative reasons really - I don't want to take the risk of break outs!!

In the mornings, I usually wash my face in the shower with the face wash that matched the Clean & Clear Facial Lotion then use the same toner and moisturiser and I'm on my way!

Hope you enjoyed the above, let me know if you have any recommendations.

Lotsa love

Lullahblog xx

No comments:

Post a Comment