Wednesday 18 April 2012

Review: Phil Smith Xtreme Style Hair Products

Hi everyone!

Ok, so I thought I'd do a review on the Phil Smith Xtreme Style Hair Products. I have most of the range as I absolutely love them (you'll find out why in a second!),  but I thought I'd review my three favourites. So here goes...

First of all I would just like to apologies for using stock images in this post, my camera is playing up and refused to take good quality images and then my battery died... grrrrrrr...! I'll have this sorted out soon!

Phil Smith products are exclusive to Sainsbury's and are available at most of the stores I've been in.

Anyway, on with the review:-

Xtravagant Hairspray - £4.09 for 250ml


What the hype says... "Hold tight! Style and scream if you wanna go faster". Hold tight to your style! This long lasting hairspray gives brilliant shine and a firm but natural hold without crispiness or stickiness.

Hmmmm... not sure about this cheesy tagline but the rest is absolutely spot on. The product is lovely, holds your style in place but doesn't make your hair go crispy, I hate that!!

What it doesn't mention anywhere is how absolutely amazing this product smells (well all the products do!). The hairspray is smells of coconut and it actually lingers in your hair and still smells gorgeous at the end of the day. I've had so many compliments on the smell of this product it's amazing, I got told I smelled of holidays - ha ha!! The packaging is lovely and girly as well - can't go wrong with hot pink!!

Xrated Shine Serum - £3.99 for 50ml


What the hype says... "Be your very own shining star, your hair will love you!". Give your hair outrageous shine and transform frizzy, unruly locks into a beautiful sleek style.

Again, this smells of coconut and is absolutely gorgeous. My hair tends to get a bit flyaway when I've straightened it and I just use a pump of this on the palm of my hand, rub my hands together and just smooth the serum through my hair. I avoid the roots as I don't want my hair to look greasy but it does make the rest of my hair look gorgeous and sleek and shiny. Highly recommended.

Xtreme Heat Defence Spray - £4.09 for 125ml


What the hype says... "Phew! Protection up to 200°C? No sweat!". This xtremely protective heat defence spray protects against frazzle and frizz - a must have product for anyone who uses heated appliances on their hair. Gives protection up to 200°C giving you peace of mind whilst styling.

Another coconutty smell (although the other products do have other fruity smells, I just happen to have chosen the coconut ones!!). I usually section my hair off before drying and spray lighty over my hair, brush it through and then style as usual. It's fab, especially in this GHD era when the styling appliances seem to be getting hotter and hotter, it's nice to feel that you're not going to damage your hair when using them. My hair is in so much better condition for using this spray, I can actually see it looking healthier after I've straightened my hair and I don't think I'd even use anything else.

Here's a link to the Phil Smith website so you can have a look at all the other lovely products on offer! www.philsmithhair.com


OFFER!!!!

These products are a little above what a lot of people may want to pay for a drugstore/supermarket product. However, they are amazing quality and Sainsbury's have a 2for1 offer on at the moment (which is when I tend to stock up!!). They're easy to spot on the shelves as well because of the bright pink packaging!!


I hope you enjoyed this review, if there's anything in particular you would like me to review for you then by all means get in touch.

Lotsa love
Lullahblog xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment