Friday 24 August 2012

Review: Collection 2000 Skyscraper Mascara

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all well.

After giving both the waterproof and non-waterproof versions of this mascara a thorough testing, I thought I'd let you know what I think.



Overall, they are both amazing mascaras. The wand is one of those rubbery-type ones with spikes which are long on one side and short on the other like this...


I used the short side to really get into the roots of my lashes and then the long side to really get the product through my lashes and it was great for really brushing them through and minimising clumping. The short side of the wand was absolutely amazing for applying the product to the bottom lashes. Seriously fantastic wand - look how long my bottom lashes look!!!

Also, the wand is really flexible so can really move around when you're applying and coats every single lash.

The product itself wasn't too clumpy but certainly wasn't dry, it was just in the middle (perfect for my liking!). The packaging claims to lengthen and define lashes and as you can see in the pic below, it certainly does...

Here's my before and after pictures...

Before
After

As you can see from the before picture, my lashes are naturally quite fair (and imvisible!) although they are quite long and this mascara just makes them look fantastic without me having to apply several coats (I have only one coat on, on the above picture).

There isn't really any difference between the waterproof and non-waterproof versions (apart from the obvious!), although the non-waterproof version claims to be 'Ultra Black' which I didn't notice at all on my eyes and only noticed when I was looking at the packaging before typing this review!!. I started off using the waterproof one and while I loved it, it just would not budge while it was on. I washed my face with my Freederm face wash and used a cloth on my eyes which usually removes any excess mascara. I then used my Bioderma on a cotton pad to remove the mascara that was left and I STILL woke up the next morning with panda eyes!! I just found it impossible to remove it all. With the non-waterproof version however, it came off easily with face wash but at the end of the day I didn't have any mascara under my eyes or notice it running when it rained (and let's face it, we've definitely had rain!!).

All in all, I adore this mascara and have been choosing it over higher end brands such as Mac, CK, Stila etc that I have in my collection. I just love the look it gives my lashes and I will definitely repurchase.

I'm not sure how much these mascaras usually are as I picked them both up in Poundland, although I have seen them still on the Collection 2000 stands in Boots and Superdrug.

I have to say (again!) that I am so impressed with the Collection 2000 brand as a whole and in particular the Lasting Perfection range. I have the foundation, concealer and pressed powder and I have to say, they are pretty amazing! Definitely worth a look next time you're in Boots!
Hope this was useful for you - what's your favourite drugstore mascara?

Lotsa love
Lullahblog xx

No comments:

Post a Comment