Tuesday 7 August 2012

Haul: Poundland!!

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all well,

So today, I popped into town and as I'd heard that Stila has made an appearance at Poundland, I thought I'd check it out and lo and behold...!!

I've looked up both of the Stila products I got on the Stila website and they're still currently available to buy, so they're not old stock or anything. The saving is just massive!

Here's what I got...

Stila Hair Refresher - RRP $28




I picked up this hair refresher which is basically a dry shampoo. The first thing I noticed was that it is not a spray shampoo, it is a powder formula, and comes out in poofs of 'smoke'. The packaging says: Hold bottle upright and squeeze a few powder 'poofs' of this lightly-fragranced, oil-absorbing powder near the scalp, apply as needed. Style as usual.

It smells floral but fresh at the same time.

I seriously cannot wait to try this out, I'm so excited! I'm going to the London Olympics tomorrow and am not back until Thursday so will probably be a good time to test it out as my hair won't be getting it's usual daily wash. Watch this space on this one...

Stila Oil Free Sheer Colour Tinted Moisturiser in Bare (Light 02) - RRP $34




I was so excited when I found this as most of the tinted moisturisers were in really dark colours but I dug around and managed to find this one in my colour. I've tried this on the back of my hand and it's quite a thick, creamy consistency, much like a BB cream. It seems to apply with little effort but I will be testing this out properly and will let you know what I think. A definite bargain at £1 though when it retails at $34!!

Aapri Exfoliating Facial Cleansing Pillows




I've tried these before and really liked them. They smell of apricots, which you'll already know if you're familiar with the Aapri brand. They are two sided; one side has exfoliating dots on and the other is smooth and moisturising. I really liked these the first time I used them and again, they will be really handy when I go away for a few days tomorrow.

Collection 2000 Skyscraper Length and Definition Waterproof Mascara




I have been loving Collection 2000 recently. I think for a budget drugstore brand, the quality of the products is amazing. I adore the Dazzle Me pigments and I use the Lasting Perfection concealer regularly as well. Actually, I bought the Lasting Perfection pressed powder recently as well. I'm building up quite a collection! So when I saw this I thought I'd give it a go. Poundland also had the non-waterproof version of this mascara, but I tend to go for the waterproof ones wherever possible. I'll let you know what I think of this when I've used it  I have high hopes!

The wand is unusual as well, it's one of those rubbery type ones and is quite flexible. Also, at one side of the brush the bristles are long and the other short - can't wait to try it out!

Other than buying a few birthday cards, that's all I got today. I just can't believe what a bargain the Stila items were and I'm so happy I managed to pick them up. If you have a Poundland near you, I definitely recommend you check it out, they have so many good brands of products available - it's fab!

What's the biggest bargain you've ever got?

Like I mentioned above, I'm going to the Olympics tomorrow. We're going to see the Women's Wrestling and I'm so excited to be a part of such an amazing event. I'll try and take lots of photographs which I will upload when I get back.

Lotsa love
Lullahblog xx



No comments:

Post a Comment