Friday 28 September 2012

Lip Balm Collection

Hello lovelies!

Hope you're all ok.

It was a conversation with a friend of mine that inspired me to write this post. I was at a Lov Beauty party the other night chatting away and I mentioned that their lip balm was really nice and she asked what lip balm was for and how to apply it. I was really shocked as I thought that everyone knew all about lip balm but apparently not. So I dug around in my handbag and discovered that I actually had five lip balms in my bag!! So anyway, when I got home and had a look at what else I had in the deep dark depths of my make-up collection I discovered erm... a few more...!!

Here's my collection for you to be disgusted at!! I'm still blogging from my phone so I've had to insert the picture at the end...


Vaseline Lip Therapy

Ok, so I have the original, the Rosy lips, the Aloe Vera and the Ltd Edition Creme Brûlée. Without really realising it, I've become to collect these and I do use them often. If you know of any flavours that I haven't got - please do let me know!

Tin o' Tint Lip Tint in Cherry

I've actually included this in one of my Favourites posts so I won't bleat on about it again here. It's scrummy though, and one of my faves!

Nivea Lip Balm

I have these in Soft Rose and Milk & Honey and I was particularly impressed with the Milk & Honey one. I know it's been massively hyped on the Internet so the sucker that I am just had to have it and I'm glad I did! It smells gorgeous and it makes my lips so soft, what more could a girl want??

Lypsyl Lip Balm

I only have this in mint and I'm not sure why I bought it as mint is not one of my usual choices. However, I love it! It smells and tastes like spearmint and is really moisturising - yummy!

Palmers Cocoa Butter Moisturising Lip Balm

I'm a huge fan of the Cocoa Butter range so when I spotted this it was a no brainer, I had to have it! Palmers have replicated that buttery smell perfectly and it's one of my favourite lip balms, I always have it with me.

Boots Kisses Lip Balms

I have three of these: Cocoa Kisses, Toffee Kisses and Sherbert Kisses and to be honest I don't really like them or use them. They're just so pretty in their stripy tins, I can't bear to throw them out. They smell pretty odd especially the Sherbert one but if I had to choose, I'd say the toffee one is the best out of a bad bunch!!

Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balms

I have two of these: Satsuma Shimmer and Watermelon and they smell divine. We all know that Body Shop fruity smell and these do not let you down! I haven't actually used them yet as I haven't had them long but will definitely have to soon!!

Tropic Lip Love

I've done a review on this previously so won't repeat myself. All I'll say is it smells divine, all natural ingredients and you only need a tiny bit to make your lips feel amazing. It leaves a sheen to your lips as well which is an added bonus!!

Girls2Go Pout and About Lip Balm

This was a cheapy buy, think it was only about a pound but it's actually really nice. Comes in a cute little oblong tin with a slide off lid, a really sweet little lip balm that definitely makes your lips soft.

Body Shop Delipscious Tinted Lip Balm

This is lovely as it adds quite a natural tint to your lips as well. I can't place the scent though, can't decide if it's fruity or not.. Hmmm... Quite a thick consistency (thicker than lipstick) and has a nice shimmer to it. Think I got it in the sale as well - bonus!!!

Neutrogena Lip Balm

This is one of two that I keep by my bed (I'll come on to the other one below). It's quite a thick and intense moisturiser and I like to put it on at bed time and leave it on over night. I usually wake up with nice soft lips after using this however, I'm not keen on the smell of it...

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

This is the second lip balm that I keep by my bed. I tend to alternate between this one and the Neutrogena depending on my mood! This one smells like menthol which is unexpected but not unpleasant and it makes your lips tingle slightly. I always think it feels like the type of product you would find at a spa, but I think that's true of most Burt's Bees products!

Chapstick

This has got to be one of the more popular brands and I have the cherry and apple flavours. The scents on these are quite strong which I love but if you're not into that, they may not be for you. I usually have a least one of these in my handbag, really great lip balms.

Girls2Go Pocket Beauty Up The Volume Volumising Lip Balm

Phew, that's quite a title and, for a cheapy brand, quite a claim! I'm not sure that my lips feel more 'volumised' when I've used this but it's a nice enough product and smells quite sweet, maybe toffee but I'm not 100%. Not sure I'd buy this again as its just not my fave :o(

So there you have it, my lip balm collection. To be honest, I probably have a few more in the bottom of various handbags but I'm sure you get the gist from the above!!

Hope you've enjoyed this post - what's your favourite lip balm?

Lotsa love
Lullahblog xx

1 comment:

  1. I have the same obsession but I've moved onto Revlon lip butters now....Mother may I!!!!! xx

    nailtheday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete