Monday 19 January 2015

Review: L'Oreal Color Riche Nail Varnish (Saphir Treasure)

Hello hello!

Hope you're all well.

So, after over a year off from Lullahblog (and finally investing in a new laptop), I am back... hopefully for good! I mentioned a few posts ago that I was pregnant and 17 months ago we welcomed a little boy who's now a very active toddler, full of mischief and smiles! Here's a pic of the little fella...

 
So, that's where I've been for the past year and a half! Being a mum (and now a working mum as my maternity leave is over - boo!), has definitely been a challenge so far, an amazing challenge - but still hard work! I'm trying to get back into the beauty world and I'm going to do my best to make time to add a new blog post hopefully at least once a week.
 
Anyway, onto the nail varnish...
 
I don't often get the chance to sit and paint my nails these days but I decided last night that I would take the time to have a bit of a pamper, so I had a lovely bath, used one of the Lush bath bombs I treat myself to before Christmas and then sat down to paint my nails.
 
I've heard a lot about the Color Riche nail colours and was intrigued enough to go out and purchase one to try. I picked this colour as it looked like an almost petrol blue, metallic with colourful swirls and I thought it was gorgeous. Here it is in the bottle:
 


The first thing I noticed when applying was how lovely it went onto my nails, literally went on perfectly the first time and was so opaque that really only one coat was necessary. I wish all nail varnishes were this lovely to apply.

The second thing I noticed was that the colour when it was on my nails was not the same as it appeared on the bottle. It was a metallic grey/blue with no colourful swirls in sight!


I still think it's really pretty even though it's different to on the bottle and I would've said beyond doubt that I would wear it again apart from the fact that it chips so easily! now, I literally applied this last night, ok I didn't use a top coat but I never do - I'm lazy! - and my nail varnish still manages to last me a week. This didn't make it 24 hours. This is what my nails look like now...



All in all, a very disappointing product. I'd wear it again but definitely with a top cot and would only wear it if I only needed it to last a few hours. To be honest, I'm disappointed in L'Oreal - I definitely expect a longer lasting product from these guys - tut!!

So there you have it. Have you used this type of nail varnish? If so, I'd love to hear about your experience.

Loadsa love

Lullahblog
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment