Friday 30 January 2015

M&S Autograph Make Up

I've heard quite a lot on the beauty grapevine about some of the make up from the Autograph line at M&S and thought I'd have a little peek at what's on offer. It's actually a bigger collection than I expected with quite a few little gems which I picked up. Here's what I got (and a mini review of each item!).

Make-Up Bag



I thought this was such a cute little make-up bag, it's perfect for if you're going away for  night or two and don't want to lug a huge bag of make up around with you. You can sort of see by the size of my thumb next to it in the picture what sort of size it is. It's a gorgeous metallic rose gold colour and so pretty, I love it!


Quick Dry Nail Colour - Red Shimmer - £5.00





This is a very petty pink/red almost metallic nail colour which (as is in the name) is reasonably quick drying - not as quick as the Loreal Color Riche polishes though, I must admit. The packaging isn't bad either although I'm not massively keen on the shiny black lid, reminds me of the MUA line and I'm assuming that Autograph is trying to be a bit more up market!

I'll be interested to see how long this lasts and I'll try and update this post when I've put it through it's paces. For now, it's a beautiful pinky red, perfect to brighten up the winter season a little bit!


Eyeshadow Pallet - £12.50




This is where things get interesting. This is a beautiful eye shadow pallet and the high shine gold packaging is to die for (although it does get fingerprints on it very easily!). The colours are a range of matt and shimmer nude tones, perfect for creating an every day work make-up look or a sultry smoky evening look. There's even a handy little guide to the colours and what to do with them on the reverse - what's not to love?!

The dark colour on the far right hand side (called slate fyi) has got quite chunky bits of pink glitter in it, not too Disney Princess though, it's still a very grown up pallet.

Pigmentation varies across the shades with the darker ones tending to have the bigger pay off, but all perfectly buildable. A very pretty and handy little pallet. The brush that comes with the pallet is also worth a mention, it's actually a nice little brush - makes a change not to be given one of those hideous little sponge applicators!


Illumination Touch Radiance Primer - £12.00



I've only used this primer once and I must be honest, I wasn't too keen. It's one of those annoying primers that doesn't make your skin look or feel any different. However, I was impressed by how much longer my foundation seemed to stay in place, it was definitely showing some signs of wear by bedtime but was noticeably fresher looking on my skin than usual. I'll keep you posted on this one, I'm going to stick with it and see if fall in love with it after a few more uses.


High Definition Eyeliner - £7.50



I find it really hard to review eyeliners but I will say this one is very soft, very black and lasts all day. I am very happy with it! It's one of those crayon types that just go on so smoothly and it's very very black. It's a very good dupe for Mac's Smolder eyeliner which is my all time favourite.


Ultimate Shine Lip Gloss - Nude - £10.00




I've never been a wearer of a nude lip, I'm a pale pink sort of girl but nevertheless I thought this looked pretty so I picked it up. It's actually more of a clear gloss with a bit of glitter in it than a nude but it goes on smoothly (I don't like the brush, it's too small!) and is pretty glossy once it's on the lips. I have a pet hate when it comes to lip gloss which is when it starts to feel bitty on your lips, I hate that and this does it. I know it's all that pesky glitter that's in it but it's so annoying - it ruins what would be quite a nice lip gloss. The other thing is the smell, it smells like chocolate - which at first is lovely but by the end of the night I was pretty sick of it to be honest!

I'm not sure I'll be purchasing any more of the lip glosses but as a whole, I was pretty impressed with the line and think it's definitely worth a second look when you're next in M&S.

Have you tried anything from the Autograph line? I'd love to know...

Love
Lullahblog
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment